How do I carry out regular cleaning of the printer?
Whenever the printer needs cleaning (after every 1000 cards inserted), the indicator light and the cleaning icon on the LCD screen both flash.
Repeatedly running the adhesive card cleans the cleaning rollers. The purpose of this is to remove residual dust from the cards before inserting them into the printer.
- Open the printer cover.
- Remove the ribbon from the printer if necessary.
- Close the cover and make sure it has clicked shut.
- Open the feeder.
- Remove any cards in the feeder.
- Use the gauge to adjust the thickness of the cards to the maximum position.
- Take a new adhesive cleaning card supplied by Evolis and remove the film.
- Press the control button on the printer control panel twice.
- When prompted by the LCD screen, insert the cleaning card into the open feeder, adhesive side up.
- The used adhesive card is automatically ejected into the output hopper. Open the output hopper and remove the used adhesive card.
- Adjust the gauge to the required card thickness, put the cards back into the feeder, then the ribbon.