How do I do advanced printer cleaning?
For a deeper clean, we recommend that you clean the transport rollers for the cards, in addition to basic printer maintenance, every 5 regular cleaning cycles.
- Open the printer cover.
- Remove the ribbon from the printer if necessary.
- Close the cover and make sure it has clicked shut.
- Open the feeder.
- Remove any cards in the feeder.
- Use the gauge to adjust the thickness of the cards to the maximum position.
- Take a new "T" shaped cleaning card supplied by Evolis and open the sachet.
- Press the control button on the control panel twice.
- When the "Card/Ribbon" LED on the control panel flashes, insert the "T" card into the open feeder. Cleaning starts.
- Once cleaning has finished, the "T" card is ejected. Remove it from the feeder.
- Then take a new adhesive cleaning card supplied by Evolis and remove the film.
- Insert the cleaning card into the open feeder, adhesive side up. Cleaning starts.
- The used adhesive card is automatically ejected into the output hopper. Open it and remove the used adhesive card.
- Adjust the gauge to the required card thickness, put the cards back into the feeder, then the ribbon.