Quick Start Guide
This guide will help you quickly get started with your Edikio solution.
Before connecting the printer, take a moment to install the printer driver:
- Take the Edikio USB key supplied with your printer. Connect it to a USB port on your computer.
Caution: It's essential that you install the printer driver before you install the Edikio price tag management software.
- Launch the 'start.exe' menu and select your installation language.
Then click '1. Install the printer driver'
Caution: At this stage, the printer must not be connected to the USB port.
- Select the installation language for the Edikio Printer Suite.
The program will guide you through the driver installation process.
Wait until the printer driver has been installed before connecting the printer to the computer with the USB cable.
Now proceed to the printer connections.
- Once you've unpacked the printer and the accessories, connect the power cable to the power supply unit, then connect the power cable to a grounded power socket.
- Remove the adhesive film at the back of the printer (indicating the installation steps) and plug the power cable connector into the printer.
- The printer is powered on: the control button and the LCD screen light up, indicating that the printer is operational.
- Now connect the USB cable to the printer and the computer.
The computer recognizes the printer.
- Open the printer cover and insert the ribbon.
- Close the cover and press until you hear a click.
- Open the card feeder, adjust the thickness gauge if necessary, insert cards (print-side facing up), then close the feeder.
Finally, install the Edikio software:
- In the USB key menu, click '2. Install Edikio software.'
Select the language for the Edikio software. The program will guide you through the installation process for the software.
- At the end of the installation process, click 'Run' to launch the application.
- In the Edikio Software, activate the software license by clicking on 'Printer License' then 'Activate License.'
- Click 'print,' choose your printer from the list, and click the print button.
You can retrieve the printed cards in the output hopper. Your Edikio solution is now ready to use.