How do I carry out regular cleaning of the printer?
Whenever the printer needs cleaning (after every 1000 cards inserted), the cleaning light flashes.
Repeatedly running the adhesive card cleans the cleaning rollers. The purpose of this is to remove residual dust from the cards before inserting them into the printer.
- Open the printer cover.
- Remove the ribbon from the printer if necessary.
- Use the gauge to adjust the thickness of the cards to the maximum position.
- Close the cover and make sure it has clicked shut.
- Open the feeder.
- Remove any cards in the feeder.
- Press the control button on the printer control panel twice: the "Card/Ribbon" LED on the control panel flashes.
- Take a new adhesive cleaning card supplied by Evolis. Remove the adhesive film and insert it into the open feeder, adhesive side up.
- The used adhesive card is automatically ejected into the output hopper. Remove the used adhesive card from the output hopper.
- Put the cards back into the feeder, re-adjust the gauge to the required card thickness, then put the ribbon back.