Evolis SDK (Software Development Kit)
Manage Evolis printers from your own applications
Evolis SDK (Software Development Kit) provides a complete management of Evolis printers from your own applications and allows best integration within your existing infrastructure.
Evolis SDK monitors your printers, whether standalone or networked, to provide best-of breed integration within your existing infrastructure.
Leveraging Evolis SDK, your applications can:
- Ensure full-fledged and simple communications with the Evolis printers:
– Trigger a printing job (monochrome, color, single or dual-sided)
– Configure a printer
– Encode a card
- Ensure real-time status notifications (printer and consumables) through the supervision service and visual alerts:
– Printer ready, on standby, busy, etc.
– Low card level, card feeder to be stacked up, ribbon to be replaced, cleaning required, etc.
Evolis SDK is able to manage as well a printer linked via USB and Ethernet as a group of printers, across a network or via the Cloud.
A simple and powerful tool
As an efficient user-oriented solution, Evolis SDK removes the complexity from producing cards and managing your base of printers through:
- Numerous integration options with existing systems
- Intuitive printer operations, with user interaction when a maintenance task is required. Easy maintenance avoids wasting time between two printing jobs.
- Getting started made easy for developers. Start printing cards with minimum development workload:
– Library or API mode in order to answer all needs according to integration mode target.
– Consistency: calling a method is consistent across all programming languages.
– Simplified command sending: the widespread and easy-to-use JSON-RPC 2.0 protocol makes it possible to design a request using minimum code and with no dependencies.
OS & platforms compatibility
Evolis SDK is compliant with most of standard operating systems such as Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android.
Pay attention to check documentation for detailed compliance with the different platforms.
The following printer models are supported with Evolis SDK:
- Zenius, Primacy, Primacy 2, Elypso, Apteo.
- KC Essential, KC Prime, KC Max, KC200, KC200B, KM500B, KM2000B.
- Edikio Access, Flex, Duplex.
- Badgy 100, Badgy 200.
- Quantum 2, Tattoo RW2.
Note that Avansia is not taken in charge by this SDK package, please contact your Evolis sales representative or your Evolis official distributor to get Avansia
Relevant resources for getting started easily
Evolis SDK serves developers willing to communicate with one or many Evolis printers from their own software environment.
Evolis SDK is a package (zip file) containing the following materials:
- A « get started » guide, a single-entry point giving access to all available resources,
- Code samples for common programming languages (C#, C++, Python, Java, …),
- Several technical guides and tools for each development mode: Command line tools for testing, demo program for getting started. source code is provided for each of the tool to be re-usable.
- Evolis printers’ firmware commands guides,
- A programming reference guide for API mode,
- A print settings guide for API mode,
- A glossary,
- A FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions),
- A troubleshooting guide.
Different methods of integration
Evolis SDK provides different technical solutions and components for printer’s ranges integration depending on the customer target: printer type, operating system, communication mode with the printer, etc.
Evolis SDK provides different ways to develop application software for its printer’s range:
- « API » modes
– A client/server over Windows PIPE or TCP, and additionally a convenient wrapper (DLL library).
– Evolis Services Provider framework as a client-server API, based on a service embedded in Evolis Premium Suite (Evolis Premium Suite and Evolis Premium Suite 2, Edikio Printer Suite, Badgy Premium Suite).
– Example of possible integration with API modes:
- Several direct communication modes :
– Direct communication with the printer.
– Example of possible integration with direct communication mode:
- Android library
– Android dedicated direct to Evolis device communication library.
– Example of possible integration for Android:
A decision matrix is provided in order to help to choose the most adecuate depending on your integration target.
Based on Evolis Premium Suite*
Evolis Premium Suite, a full-fledge software platform for managing and monitoring printers, provides an enhanced user experience and makes user-machine interactions more intuitive.
Most features offered by Evolis Premium Suite can be controlled from Evolis SDK*.
Evolis Premium Suite – Highlights:
- A print center for monitoring printers and gaining visibility on the printer status, remaining ribbon capacity, etc.
- A powerful tool for printer settings,
- A notification center to alert users when an intervention is required,
- An printer management and maintenance station,
- A set of wizards to assist you through cleaning and maintenance operations.
*Depending of the technical solution implemented (check or documentation for further information).