Multiservice Student Cards in France
Creating and printing highly secure multiservice student cards within universities.
The challenge: streamlining access to university services with a smart student card
Higher educational institutions in France are convinced that converging services such as attendance records, access control, and micropayments, creates added value to the operation of the university. Therefore it becomes essential that the administration services can issue multiservice cards in a responsive and independent manner.
The solution: personalize and print multiservice smart cards on-site
MONECARTE, the French payment and identification solutions provider has:
1. Equipped more than 50 universities in France and abroad with Evolis Zenius and Primacy card printers and interactive self-service terminals.
2. Set up the Uni’Campus online platform which provides all of the necessary modules for editing and updating the cards.
Today, institutions can independently create, edit, and update highly secure smart student cards. Services accessible with this card are:
• micro-payment for food services, photocopies, printing, etc.
• electronic signature and attendance records
• registration and renewal operations,
• access control to university IT networks and services (sports, restaurant, etc.),
The result: an innovative offer and increased security
Prior to 2014, the University of Angers in Maine-et-Loire (France) had a variety of different systems to control access to its facilities and parking lots. Today, the Pass’Sup multiservice card developed with MONECARTE has streamlined access control and reduced the university’s operating costs. A major benefit of the single centralized system is tighter security: access rights can be disabled immediately if a card is lost or an employee leaves.
Evolis printing systems have been configured specifically for the Uni’Campus system, with encoding by IP address to update data on the contact or contactless chips, as well as authentication and data encryption via a secure access module (SAM) to enhance payment security.