How to choose your card printer?
10 key points to bear in mind
Every printer has specific technical features and options to match the requirements of each customer in terms of security, speed, and cost. Whatever industry you work in, a plastic card printing system maybe the perfect solution to meet your needs.
What type of card can you customize?
Plastic card printers can customize all types of cards and badges:
- Loyalty cards
- Visitor badges
- Student and membership cards
- Employee badges
- Travel cards
- Payment cards
- National ID cards, etc.
The printers offer multiple ways of customizing cards:
- Printing graphic elements: text, photos, barcodes, etc.
- Encoding data: magnetic stripes, contact or contactless chips.
- Card security: holograms, lamination, UV printing, laser engraving, embossing.
10 key points to define your needs
The range of plastic card printers is as diverse as the production options offered by these systems. Defining your needs accurately is therefore essential to filter down your choices and guide you to the printer that best suits your needs.
It is therefore important to ask yourself the right questions before you choose a printer and take several factors into consideration before you make a purchase.
The 10 key points of this guide are here to help you choose the printer that best fits your needs:
- What type of badges or cards do you need?
- How many cards do you need to print and when?
- How will you print your badges and cards ? One at a time, in batches or at a self-service terminal?
- What security level do you need?